Draft history of parish
Chełm is mentioned as early as in 13 c. There was a wooden chapel in 1551 and bishop Andrzej Trzebnicki consecrated brick church in 1660.Between 1391 and 1798 Chełm had belonged to Cracow diocese and afterward to the Wroclaw diocese. Our church was rebuilt several times The church was widen and the aisles were built between 1850 and 1890. The steeple was added in the years 1904-1907. The parish house (so called "organistówka") was built in 1935.The church had been renovated between 1970 and 1980. The cemetery chapel was erected in 1985.